Working at Height Awareness
For anyone who works at height.
£75 + VAT pp
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who works at height. This includes working immediately above ground level and also includes working processes that can lead to workers falling into something, even from ground level such as a tank or vessel, or over an edge.
The aim of this course is to make delegates aware of the need to:
- Properly plan and organise work at height
- Ensure those working at height are competent
- Understand the need carry out risk assessments and select the appropriate work equipment
- Control the risks from fragile surfaces
- Properly inspect and maintain equipment for working at height
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to follow the hierarchy for managing risks from working at height, taking steps to avoid, prevent or reduce risks and have an understanding of the correct equipment for working at height.
A combination of:
- classroom based activity
- syndicate working
- practical harness fitting and inspection
- question and answer paper
As well as a wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process and final question paper leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
- What is ‘Working at Height’?
- Types and causes of accidents when working at height
- Employer/employees’ responsibilities
- How to work at height safely/specialist training requirements
- Risk assessments, method statements and permits to work
- Types of access equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Harness, lanyards and anchor points
- Practical harness fitting and inspection
- Post-theory question paper
- Question and answer session
Alpha Training Safety Solutions Limited have been working with Southern Water for about 10 years and have always supplied us with a very high standard of training and customer service. Alpha currently supply SWS with a number of training activities covering our locations in Hampshire, Sussex, Kent and the Isle of Wight. They have a team of highly qualified trainers who always deliver the content in a very professional manner. I have full confidence in recommending Alpha to other companies who require quality training.
Alpha never fail to deliver professional, high quality and cost effective safety training – this is why they are my number one choice in safety training providers.
Alpha have for a number of years now supplied various Health and Safety training courses to Carillion. During this time we have found their customer service to be excellent. The initial response to enquiry is prompt and the whole customer experience is first class right through to delivery. The trainers are very experienced, and obviously specialists in their field.